Monday, June 18, 2012

Backyard Lessons from a 2 year old

Last week I saw something that got me to thinking....  I was in the backyard with my sister and my neice showing them the tomatoes I had just planted.  While we were looking intently at the garden,  my brother in law was walking down the hill towards us and called his daughter's name.  My neice stopped cold upon hearing her father's voice calling her name.  Her 2 yr old head snapped up and immediately began searching the backyard for him.  After a minute or so he was in view and those little feet ran into him with arms open wide...squealing the whole way! 

The next morning during my quiet time I was still laughing at the memory.  Then a thought hit me that it was a great picture of what anyone should do when they hear God calling.  Someday that will be me when I hear Jesus calling my name! 

1 comment: